It’s cozy. It’s warm. And this low-effort, maximum comfort soup is all that.
2 lbs chicken (thighs and legs work like a charm in this recipe)
3 inches of fresh ginger
8-9 cloves of garlic
9-10 whole peppercorns
1 ½ tbsp turmeric powder
Salt to taste
- Crush ginger in a mortar pestle and set aside.
- Crush the garlic and set aside.
- Turn to the stove. In a pressure cooker (hint:lazy) or in a big stock pot add in thoroughly washed chicken and enough water to cover the chicken completely.
- Add the garlic, ginger, pepper, salt, turmeric. Cover the cooker or the stockpot.
- Cooker time varies but i usually switch it off at 25 minute mark and let it pressure cook on its own./ Stockpot takes a while, the chicken may need 35-40 mins of cooking to be fully cooked.
- Enjoy this thing of beauty by itself or with fresh bread.
One thought on “Cozy, Lazy Chicken Soup”
Best. Soup. Ever!!!